Board of Trustees
The Papanui Primary School Board of Trustees is responsible for the governance of the school. The Board’s role is a strategic one, focussed on the big picture and employing the Principal to manage the school.
The BOT is made up of the Principal, an elected staff representative, several parent representatives who are elected by the parents and other members who are appointed by the BOT.
The board’s role is set by the Education Act and the BOT is required to ensure the school meets the government’s National Education Priorities. These are:
- Success for all
- A safe learning environment
- Improving Literacy and Numeracy
- Better use of student achievement information
- Improving outcomes for students at risk
- Improving Maori student outcomes
- Chairperson: Carolyn Brazier
- Parent reps: Joss Clarke, Alana Cunningham, Mike Smart, Mark Strong.
- Staff rep: Lisa Thompson
- Principal: Paul Kingston